Times & Locations
Join us Sunday mornings at 10:30am at Prosser Road (2216 Prosser Road, Knoxville, TN 37914) for a time of corporate worship (Kids & Youth programs included).
Be sure to check out our Life Groups and get plugged into a regular time to deepen relationships and grow spiritually throughout the week.
What to Expect
WHAT IS THE CHURCH ATMOSPHERE?
Emmanuel Assembly of God is a growing multi-generational, multi-cultural church with people from almost every denominational background…including those with no church background at all. We believe your experience at Emmanuel will be exciting and encouraging.
Emmanuel Assembly of God is a place where you are loved just as you are, and challenged to be all that God has called you to be! We believe that church is more than just rituals and routines, but a place to encourage a life transforming, living relationship with Jesus Christ.
Emmanuel Assembly of God is the perfect church…for imperfect people.
None of us have “arrived”, and we are all a work in progress. Come see the difference for yourself and let’s enjoy the journey together. There is a place here for you where you can begin to develop a living, exciting relationship with Jesus Christ and discover your divine destiny!
WHAT ARE YOUR SERVICES LIKE?
Our services begin each week with energetic praise and worship music led by our Worship Team. There are times for prayer, encouragement, and a life changing message from the Word of God.
WHAT DO PEOPLE WEAR AT YOUR CHURCH?
Emmanuel is casual. We do not judge you by your clothing or appearance. Some people dress up but most dress casual. You will see jeans, shorts, t-shirts, and even a suit occasionally…wear whatever you feel most comfortable in…God looks at the heart!
WHAT ABOUT MY CHILDREN?
Children are very important to us at Emmanuel. Each week our children have a time of worship and learning the Word of God in age appropriate classes with excellent, trained teachers. Children love their experience at Pre-Quest & Kids Quest each weekend!
Passion for God . . . Compassion for People
OUR VISION is…
Expressing Our Faith Through Love
OUR VISION IS FULFILLED as we are…
1.) Worshiping our Creator (John 4:24)
2.) Strengthening families (Gen. 18:19)
3.) Encouraging people (Prov. 12:25)
4.) Investing in home and world missions (Matt. 24:14)
5.) Developing people\’s potential (John 15:16)
OUR MISSION is accomplished as we:
1.) Evangelize the lost
2.) Worship God
3.) Disciple believers
4.) Show Compassion
1.) Teaching the Word – being balanced and rightly dividing the Word of Truth
2.) Prayer – never do in ministry what you cannot cover in prayer. No prayer = No power
3.) Fellowship – without fellowship, disunity will be the result. Get to know those that labor among us.
4.) Evangelism – this is great commission of the church. Invest, Invite, Include. (Luke 14:23)
Our Core Values (Proverbs 11:3)
“Core values” are simply a declaration of what we believe to be the driving principles behind Emmanuel Assembly. “Core values” are similar to the markers on a sports field…they help keep us on track and remind us when we get out of bounds. “Core values” are similar to a river bank…they don’t hinder the flow of ministry, but they do guide it in a certain direction. “Core values” are the map to arrive at our destiny.
1. Love that Lifts (Ephesians 3:16-20 and Philippians 3:10)
• God loves you as if you were the only person in the world to love.
• The degree to which you can make God known is limited only by the degree to which you know Him!
• We endeavor to always leave you lifted.
• Committed to facilitating and continuing a daily, intimate relationship with Jesus Christ.
2. Compassion that Carries (Jude 21-22 and 2 Corinthians 1:3-4)
• People no longer want to hear “I love you” but to see “I love you”
• If you have compassion you will make a great difference, if you don’t have compassion you will be greatly indifferent.
• What you make happen for others God will make happen for.
• We don’t want to be known only by great programs, but by our great compassion!
• Jesus was motivated by compassion, and it motivates us!
3. Relationships that Reach (Hebrews 10:24-25)
• Everyone needs encouragement (Prov. 12:25)
• Reach people for the Lord with honest relationships and effective outreach
• Relate with genuine, loving friendships
• Being intentional about integrity in our relationships with man and with God (Psalm. 26:11)
• To bring strength and stability to each family (Gen. 18:19)
4. Prayer that is Powerful (James 5:16 and 1 John 5:14)
• The highest form of prayer is based and rooted in God’s Word
• Prayer is a response to God’s love for us and is communication with a loving, Heavenly Father, our Life giving Lord!
• Prayer releases the hand of God to move on my behalf (Neh. 2:8).
• God does not go where He is needed, He goes where He is invited. Prayer invites Him.
5. Truth that Transforms (2 Corinthians 5:17 and Romans 6:1-4)
• Preaching and teaching from the Bible that is well balanced (2 Tim. 3:16-17)
• The whole Gospel in light of the whole Gospel
• Never add to the Bible and offend man
• Never take away from the Bible and offend God (Prov. 30:5-6)
• God is more interested in what we are becoming than what we are doing.
6. Instruction that Inspires (Proverbs 12:25 and Proverbs 9:9)
• Raise people up to grow spiritually through relevant teaching and worship
• We endeavor to see the oak tree in every acorn.
• If we build great people, God will build a great church!
• God has called us to be “dream builders”
• Seeing the Divine dreams, destiny, and potential of each individual achieved (Phil 1:25)
7. Missions that Multiply (Matthew 28:19, Mark 16:17-20)
• Every member is a minister and discipleship is a priority.
• Release people to go out and do the work of ministry, fully equipped and trained.
• Effective and strategic in our missions efforts, giving and church planting.
8. Life worth Living (John 10:10 AMP, Prov. 17:22, Ps. 118:24, Acts 20:24)
• God never meant for church to be boring.
• Have fun and enjoy the journey
• It is a choice to rejoice!
These are nonnegotiable tenets of faith that all Assemblies of God churches adhere to. This list is derived from the official Statement of Fundamental Truths. Click links below to see the complete original statement with scriptures.
WE BELIEVE…The Scriptures are Inspired by God and declare His design and plan for mankind.
WE BELIEVE…There is only One True God–revealed in three persons…Father, Son, and Holy Spirit (commonly known as the Trinity).
WE BELIEVE…In the Deity of the Lord Jesus Christ. As God\’s son Jesus was both human and divine.
WE BELIEVE…though originally good, Man Willingly Fell to Sin–ushering evil and death, both physical and spiritual, into the world.
WE BELIEVE…Every Person Can Have Restored Fellowship with God Through \’Salvation\’ (trusting Christ, through faith and repentance, to be our personal Savior). [1 of 4 cardinal doctrines of the AG]
WE BELIEVE…and practice two ordinances—(1) Water Baptism by Immersion after repenting of one\’s sins and receiving Christ\’s gift of salvation, and (2) Holy Communion (the Lord\’s Supper) as a symbolic remembrance of Christ\’s suffering and death for our salvation.
WE BELIEVE…the Baptism in the Holy Spirit is a Special Experience Following Salvation that empowers believers for witnessing and effective service, just as it did in New Testament times. [1 of 4 cardinal doctrines of the AG]
WE BELIEVE… The Initial Physical Evidence of the Baptism in the Holy Spirit is ‘Speaking in Tongues,’ as experienced on the Day of Pentecost and referenced throughout Acts and the Epistles.
WE BELIEVE…Sanctification Initially Occurs at Salvation and is not only a declaration that a believer is holy, but also a progressive lifelong process of separating from evil as believers continually draw closer to God and become more Christlike.
WE BELIEVE…The Church has a Mission to seek and save all who are lost in sin. We believe \’the Church\’ is the Body of Christ and consists of the people who, throughout time, have accepted God\’s offer of redemption (regardless of religious denomination) through the sacrificial death of His son Jesus Christ.
WE BELIEVE…A Divinely Called and Scripturally Ordained Leadership Ministry Serves the Church. The Bible teaches that each of us under leadership must commit ourselves to reach others for Christ, to worship Him with other believers, to build up or edify the body of believers–the Church and to Meet human need with ministries of love and compassion.
WE BELIEVE…Divine Healing of the Sick is a Privilege for Christians Today and is provided for in Christ\’s atonement (His sacrificial death on the cross for our sins). [1 of 4 cardinal doctrines of the AG]
WE BELIEVE…in The Blessed Hope—When Jesus Raptures His Church Prior to His Return to Earth (the second coming). At this future moment in time all believers who have died will rise from their graves and will meet the Lord in the air, and Christians who are alive will be caught up with them, to be with the Lord forever. [1 of 4 cardinal doctrines of the AG]
WE BELIEVE…in The Millennial Reign of Christ when Jesus returns with His saints at His second coming and begins His benevolent rule over earth for 1,000 years. This millennial reign will bring the salvation of national Israel and the establishment of universal peace.
WE BELIEVE…A Final Judgment Will Take Place for those who have rejected Christ. They will be judged for their sin and consigned to eternal punishment in a punishing lake of fire.
WE BELIEVE…and look forward to the perfect New Heavens and a New Earth that Christ is preparing for all people, of all time, who have accepted Him. We will live and dwell with Him there forever following His millennial reign on Earth. \’And so shall we forever be with the Lord!\’
Emmanuel Assembly is a church with a rich history. Founded by Burl Cavin the legacy continues from the firm foundations he laid with the people and sacrifices of m any.