Times & Locations
Join us Sunday mornings at 10:00 am at Prosser Road (2216 Prosser Road, Knoxville, TN 37914) for a time of worship, fellowship and hearing God\’s Word. Exciting Kids Quest ministry for ages birth to 5th grade.
Wednesdays – 7:00 pm
High Quest Student Ministry
Adult Bible Study
Be sure to check out our Life Groups and get plugged into a regular time to deepen relationships and grow spiritually throughout the week.
What to Expect
WHAT IS THE CHURCH ATMOSPHERE?
Emmanuel Assembly of God is a growing multi-generational, multi-cultural church with people from almost every denominational background…including those with no church background at all. We believe your experience at Emmanuel will be exciting and encouraging.
Emmanuel Assembly of God is a place where you are loved just as you are, and challenged to be all that God has called you to be! We believe that church is more than just rituals and routines, but a place to encourage a life transforming, living relationship with Jesus Christ.
Emmanuel Assembly of God is the perfect church…for imperfect people.
None of us have “arrived”, and we are all a work in progress. Come see the difference for yourself and let’s enjoy the journey together. There is a place here for you where you can begin to develop a living, exciting relationship with Jesus Christ and discover your divine destiny!
WHAT ARE YOUR SERVICES LIKE?
Our services begin each week with energetic praise and worship music led by our Worship Team. There are times for prayer, encouragement, and a life changing message from the Word of God.
WHAT DO PEOPLE WEAR AT YOUR CHURCH?
Emmanuel is casual. We do not judge you by your clothing or appearance. Some people dress up but most dress casual. You will see jeans, shorts, t-shirts, and even a suit occasionally…wear whatever you feel most comfortable in…God looks at the heart!
WHAT ABOUT MY CHILDREN?
Children are very important to us at Emmanuel. Each week our children have a time of worship and learning the Word of God in age appropriate classes with excellent, trained teachers. Children love their experience at Pre-Quest & Kids Quest each weekend!
Passion for God . . . Compassion for People
OUR VISION is…
Expressing Our Faith Through Love
OUR VISION IS FULFILLED as we are…
1.) Worshiping our Creator (John 4:24)
2.) Strengthening families (Gen. 18:19)
3.) Encouraging people (Prov. 12:25)
4.) Investing in home and world missions (Matt. 24:14)
5.) Developing people\’s potential (John 15:16)
OUR MISSION is accomplished as we:
1.) Evangelize the lost
2.) Worship God
3.) Disciple believers
4.) Show Compassion
1.) Teaching the Word – being balanced and rightly dividing the Word of Truth
2.) Prayer – never do in ministry what you cannot cover in prayer. No prayer = No power
3.) Fellowship – without fellowship, disunity will be the result. Get to know those that labor among us.
4.) Evangelism – this is great commission of the church. Invest, Invite, Include. (Luke 14:23)
Our Core Values (Proverbs 11:3)
“Core values” are simply a declaration of what we believe to be the driving principles behind Emmanuel Assembly. “Core values” are similar to the markers on a sports field…they help keep us on track and remind us when we get out of bounds. “Core values” are similar to a river bank…they don’t hinder the flow of ministry, but they do guide it in a certain direction. “Core values” are the map to arrive at our destiny.
1. Love that Lifts (Ephesians 3:16-20 and Philippians 3:10)
• God loves you as if you were the only person in the world to love.
• The degree to which you can make God known is limited only by the degree to which you know Him!
• We endeavor to always leave you lifted.
• Committed to facilitating and continuing a daily, intimate relationship with Jesus Christ.
2. Compassion that Carries (Jude 21-22 and 2 Corinthians 1:3-4)
• People no longer want to hear “I love you” but to see “I love you”
• If you have compassion you will make a great difference, if you don’t have compassion you will be greatly indifferent.
• What you make happen for others God will make happen for.
• We don’t want to be known only by great programs, but by our great compassion!
• Jesus was motivated by compassion, and it motivates us!
3. Relationships that Reach (Hebrews 10:24-25)
• Everyone needs encouragement (Prov. 12:25)
• Reach people for the Lord with honest relationships and effective outreach
• Relate with genuine, loving friendships
• Being intentional about integrity in our relationships with man and with God (Psalm. 26:11)
• To bring strength and stability to each family (Gen. 18:19)
4. Prayer that is Powerful (James 5:16 and 1 John 5:14)
• The highest form of prayer is based and rooted in God’s Word
• Prayer is a response to God’s love for us and is communication with a loving, Heavenly Father, our Life giving Lord!
• Prayer releases the hand of God to move on my behalf (Neh. 2:8).
• God does not go where He is needed, He goes where He is invited. Prayer invites Him.
5. Truth that Transforms (2 Corinthians 5:17 and Romans 6:1-4)
• Preaching and teaching from the Bible that is well balanced (2 Tim. 3:16-17)
• The whole Gospel in light of the whole Gospel
• Never add to the Bible and offend man
• Never take away from the Bible and offend God (Prov. 30:5-6)
• God is more interested in what we are becoming than what we are doing.
6. Instruction that Inspires (Proverbs 12:25 and Proverbs 9:9)
• Raise people up to grow spiritually through relevant teaching and worship
• We endeavor to see the oak tree in every acorn.
• If we build great people, God will build a great church!
• God has called us to be “dream builders”
• Seeing the Divine dreams, destiny, and potential of each individual achieved (Phil 1:25)
7. Missions that Multiply (Matthew 28:19, Mark 16:17-20)
• Every member is a minister and discipleship is a priority.
• Release people to go out and do the work of ministry, fully equipped and trained.
• Effective and strategic in our missions efforts, giving and church planting.
8. Life worth Living (John 10:10 AMP, Prov. 17:22, Ps. 118:24, Acts 20:24)
• God never meant for church to be boring.
• Have fun and enjoy the journey
• It is a choice to rejoice!
What We Believe
As you attend Emmanuel Assembly, you will discover our love for the integrity of the Word of God. In order to unlock everything your future holds, you must allow God’s Word to be your daily compass. The Bible says that faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the Word of God.
Below you will discover statements of faith concerning what we believe, as listed by the Assemblies of God, US.
These statements are important. They are fundamental to sound biblical teaching. You can feel comfortable at Emmanuel Assembly because our teaching is grounded in the Word of God. We will teach these truths in practical, easy to understand and applicable ways.
Although our methods of communicating these truths may vary from time to time, you can be assured that our message will never change. I hope by reading these statements you will be strengthened while here at Emmanuel Assembly.
CLICK HERE FOR BELIEFS https://ag.org/Beliefs/Our-Core-Doctrines
Emmanuel Assembly is a church with a rich history. Founded by Burl Cavin the legacy continues from the firm foundations he laid with the people and sacrifices of m any.